All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.14
- £24.00Trending at £33.43
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £21.48Trending at £23.41
- £20.99Trending at £25.01
- £16.56Trending at £25.03
- £22.98Trending at £24.14
About this product
- DescriptionCities provide for people, not just functionally in terms of jobs, obligations and practical pursuits, but also, and above all, emotionally. We like some cities and detest others. This book argues that people are and remain social animals, who like and need one another's company in their economic, socio-cultural, and political activities.
- Author BiographyAnton C. Zijderveld is professor emeritus of general sociology at Erasmus University, Rotterdam. He taught briefly in the United States and Canada. Among his publications are The Abstract Society, On Cliches, and Reality in a Looking-Glass.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byAnton C. Zijderveld
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.