All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £34.32Trending at £38.46
- £21.99Trending at £26.90
- £14.49Trending at £14.99
- £25.15Trending at £26.91
- £5.98Trending at £6.83
- £13.99Trending at £15.50
- £10.42Trending at £13.49
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a candid exploration of one of America's strangest and most quickly vanishing subcultures. It is about the death of physical film in the digital era and about a paranoid, secretive, eccentric, and sometimes obsessive group of film-mad collectors who made movies and their projection a private religion in the time before DVDs and Blu-rays.
- Author BiographyDennis Bartok, Burbank, California, USA is a filmmaker and screenwriter, and currently head of distribution for art-house distributor Cinelicious Pics. He was formerly head of programming for the American Cinematheque's Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood. Jeff Joseph, Littlerock, California, USA is a motion picture archivist and formerly one of the best-known film dealers in the United States. Jeff and his wife Lauren were the owners of SabuCat Productions. He is currently working with the UCLA Film and TV Archive in restoring the Hal Roach/Laurel and Hardy library.
- Author(s)Dennis Bartok,Jeff Joseph
- PublisherUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJackson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Content Note47 b&w illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.