Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.19
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.48Trending at £13.06
- £9.60Trending at £11.20
- £15.50Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £9.35Trending at £10.39
About this product
- DescriptionSince the extensive floods of 1966, inhabitants of Venice's lagoon areas have come to share in, and reflect upon, concerns over pressing environmental problems. Based on ethnographic and archival data, this book offers a study of the Venetian island of Burano that shows how its inhabitants develop their sense of a distinct identity.
- Author BiographyLidia D. Sciama is a former Director of The Centre for Cross-Cultural Research on Women, now known as International Gender Studies Centre, University of Oxford, where she is currently a Senior Associate. She has lectured in England, Italy and the USA.
- Author(s)Lidia D. Sciama
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication15/11/2005
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleNew Directions in Anthropology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note36 figs, 4 maps, 11 tables
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.