All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the First World War five French soldiers, accused of a cowardly attempt to evade duty, are bundled into no-man's land and certain death. The families are notified that the men died in the line of duty and the incident appears closed. After the war the fiance of one of the men receives a letter, which hints at what might have happened.
- Author BiographySebastien Japrisot was born in Marseille, France in 1931. He had published his first novel, Les Mal Partis when he was only 17. He has translated the works of J. D. Salinger and pursued a successful career in advertising and publicity. He has been a scriptwriter and the director of two films. His first crime novel, The 10:30 from Marseille, was received with great acclaim. His reputation as a master for crime fiction has grown with the publication of The Lady in the Car with Glasses and a Gun, A Trap for Cinderella and Rider on the Rain. His novel One Deadly Summer was made into a film starring Isabelle Adjani. A Very Long Engagement was an international bestseller and won the Prix Interallie.
- Author(s)Sebastien Japrisot
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/01/2005
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVintage War
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date10/03/2015
- Weight165 g
- Width110 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementFilm tie-in edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £9.00
- £12.18Trending at £15.18
- £3.59Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.00
- £5.95Trending at £8.99
- £4.52Trending at £9.00
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.