All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA story of Philiphe Binh, a Vietnamese Catholic priest who in 1796 traveled from Tonkin to the Portuguese court in Lisbon to persuade its ruler to appoint a bishop for his community of ex-Jesuits. This book examines how the intersections of Roman Catholic geographies shaped the lives of Vietnamese Christians in the early modern era.
- Author BiographyGeorge E. Dutton is Professor of Vietnamese History in the Department of Asian Languages and Cultures and Director of the Center for Southeast Asian Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Author(s)George E Dutton
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication12/12/2016
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note27 b/w, 5 maps
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.04
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
- £6.82Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.