All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHadrian's Wall stretches 73 miles along the neck of England and about ten miles are now left. In this personal account, the author, who grew up at one end of the wall, gives readers a taste of what human life was and is like along this stretch of northern Britain.
- Author BiographyHunter Davies is the author of over thirty books which include such modern classics as the authorised biography of The Beatles, The Glory Game and A Walk Around the Lakes. He has written several other walking books and also a travel biography of Christopher Columbus which took him to the West Indies and the Americas. He is also well known as a broadcaster and journalist and writes for the Independent, Sunday Times, Daily Mail and New Statesman. He is married to the novelist and biographer Margaret Forster.
- Author(s)Hunter Davies
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication04/05/2000
- GenreWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2000
- ImprintOrion mass market paperback
- Out-of-print date24/06/2008
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew ed of 3 Revised ed
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £10.14Trending at £10.36
- £4.85Trending at £4.92
- £6.99Trending at £7.10
- £5.99Trending at £6.09
- £14.01Trending at £20.37
- £11.94Trending at £20.00
- £10.58Trending at £12.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.