Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £12.49Trending at £14.98
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the particular social problems that governments seek to address through sport, and examines the nature and extent of the evidence for sport's positive role. The book illustrates that, in an era of evidence-based policy-making, the cumulative evidence base for many of these claims is relatively weak.
- Author BiographyFred Coalter is Professor of Sports Policy at the University of Stirling. He was Director of the Centre for Leisure Research at the University of Edinburgh for 13 years and has been an invited member of the Economic and Social Research Council's strategic seminar's on sport and recreation, as well as an influential member of many sport policy research groups including: * The Sports Council's Sport and Recreation Research Advisory Group, * Sport England's Working Group on Performance Measurement for the Development of Sport, * Sport Scotland's Forum on Sport and Social Inclusion, * The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister's Working Groups on Defining Excellence in Sport and Recreation; Comprehensive Performance Assessment for Sport and Recreation; Neighbourhood Renewal Unit- Sport Group. Fred Coalter is also Chair of the Board of Directors of Edinburgh Leisure Ltd, the trust which manages sport and recreation facilities for the City of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Fred Coalter
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2007
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white line drawings
- Weight330 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.