All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.39
- £9.46Trending at £13.06
- £9.60Trending at £11.19
- £4.79Trending at £5.19
- £15.50Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £10.95Trending at £15.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis biography of an extraordinary woman memoirist from nineteenth-century Russia illustrates the impact of modernization in Jewish society, and especially on women's lives.
- Author BiographyShulamit S. Magnus is Professor of Jewish Studies and History at Oberlin College. She has previously taught in the history departments of Stanford University and the University of Pennsylvania and has been a Lady Davis Fellow in the Department of Jewish Thought at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. She was the recipient of a National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship and a Yad Hanadiv-Barecha Fellowship for her work on Pauline Wengeroff's Memoirs of a Grandmother; Volume I of this critical edition of Wengeroff's memoirs won the National Jewish Book Award (2010), Volume II the Hadassah-Brandeis Translation Award (2013). Her other books include Jewish Emancipation in a German City: Cologne, 1798-1871 (1997). Her scholarly and teaching interests lie in Jewish social and cultural history, Jewish women's history, the workings of gender in Jewish society, and questions of identity, boundary formations, and shifts.
- Author(s)Shulamit Magnus
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleLittman Library of Jewish Civilization
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Littman Library of Jewish Civilization
- Weight371 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.