Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £25.05
- £66.16Trending at £92.21
- £8.66Trending at £10.34
- £13.63Trending at £14.16
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £10.38Trending at £10.89
- £20.25Trending at £30.07
About this product
- DescriptionAt the end of his second year in Leipzig, J S Bach composed nine sacred cantatas to texts by Leipzig poet Mariane von Ziegler (1695-1760). This work deals with issues of women in music in relation to Bach, and studies the repertory of Bach's sacred cantatas. It provides a perspective on both Ziegler as poet and cantata librettist.
- Author BiographyDr Mark A. Peters is Associate Professor of Music at Trinity Christian College, USA. His publications include articles in BACH: Journal of the Riemenschneider Bach Institute and the monograph Claude Debussy As I Knew Him and Other Writings of Arthur Hartmann (2003), with Samuel Hsu and Sidney Grolnic. In 2006, Peters received the William H. Scheide prize from the American Bach Society for his article, A Reconsideration of Bach's Role as Text Redactor in the Ziegler Cantatas (BACH, 2005).
- Author(s)Mark A. Peters
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2008
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 5 b&w illustrations and 32 musical examples
- Weight560 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.