All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a clear and comprehensive introduction to the many definitions, theories and approaches in public health. It is an important book for students and practitioners who are interested in public health, and for those who are keen to improve it.
- Author BiographyGlenn Laverack is seen as a leader in health promotion and empowerment and has a distinguished career in public health for more than 25 years working in Europe, Africa, Asia, North America and the Pacific regions. He formerly worked as the TDR Coordinator (Empowerment) at the WHO in Geneva and as a senior research fellow at the Southgate Institute, Flinders University, Australia. Dr Laverack is currently an honorary professor at the University of Southern Denmark and has a wide range of publications including books in English, Portugese, Russian and German. His Ph.D. investigated the accommodation of community empowerment within top-down public health programming in the South Pacific. He has a significant range of professional experience in cross-cultural settings that facilitates a broad insight at both a theoretical and practice level.
- Author(s)Glenn Laverack
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleProfessional Keywords
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note248 p.
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £6.58Trending at £7.01
- £12.38Trending at £15.90
- £7.97Trending at £10.00
- £44.83Trending at £49.49
- £42.58Trending at £46.05
- £5.54Trending at £6.01
- £9.98Trending at £13.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.