All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an everyman's guide for understanding and following the discoveries that will soon take place at the famous Large Hadron Collider experiments at CERN. The material is presented accurately yet accessibly, and the book is infectious in its enthusiasm for the project.
- Author BiographyDr Gian Francesco Giudice Theoretical Physics Division, CERN Gian Francesco Giudice is a theoretical particle physicist and has been a member of the Theoretical Physics Division at CERN since 1993. Born in 1961, he graduated from the University of Padua and obtained his PhD in theoretical physics from ISAS in Trieste. His career has always been closely related to collider research: before coming to CERN he worked at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, near Chicago, as well as at the University of Texas, in the group of Prof. S. Weinberg, during the construction phase of the SSC. He has contributed to our present understanding of particle physics and cosmology with more than a hundred articles published in refereed scientific journals.
- Author(s)Gian Francesco Giudice
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication03/12/2009
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note36 b/w photographs, 18 b/w line drawings
- Weight641 g
- Width164 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.