All listings for this product
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £10.73Trending at £13.76
- £13.75Trending at £18.49
- £14.99Trending at £19.93
- £12.24Trending at £16.98
- £12.91Trending at £17.01
- £12.77Trending at £12.99
- £18.79Trending at £25.01
About this product
- DescriptionIncluding information on staying motivated and weight control, this book uses fitness tests to enable readers to create exercise programmes that are tailored to their own fitness levels. Cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, flexibility and body composition are all covered.
- Author BiographyThe American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) is more than the world's leader in the sports medicine and exercise science--it is an association of people and professions exploring the use of that science and physical activity to make life healthier for all people. Since 1954, ACSM has been committed to the promotion of physical activity and the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of sport-related injuries. With more than 20,000 international, national, and regional chapter members in 80 countries, ACSM is internationally known as the leading source of state-of-the-art research and information on sports medicine and exercise science. Through ACSM, health and fitness professionals representing a variety of disciplines work to improve the quality of life for people around the world through health and fitness research, education, and advocacy. A large part of ACSM's mission is devoted to public awareness and education about the positive aspects of physical activity for people of all ages from all walks of life. ACSM's physicians, researchers, and educators have created tools for the public, ranging in scope from starting an exercise program to avoiding or treating sport injuries. ACSM's National Center is located in Indianapolis, Indiana, widely recognized as the amateur sports capitol of the nation. To learn more about ACSM, visit www.acsm.org.
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication21/04/2003
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2003
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Out-of-print date12/09/2014
- Content Note70 colour illustrations, 63 colour illustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Foreword byArnold Schwarzenegger
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.