All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRevised and updated translation of: Le sida dans le monde: entre science et politique / Peter Piot. Paris: Odile Jacob, c2011.
- Author BiographyPeter Piot is the director of the renowned London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and a professor of global health. He is a former Under Secretary General of the United Nations, the founding executive director of UNAIDS, and co-discoverer of the Ebola virus, and former president of the International AIDS Society. He has published more than 500 scientific papers and articles and sixteen books, including his memoirs, No Time To Lose: A Life in Pursuit of Deadly Viruses. Laurence Garey is an anatomist, former member the Court of Examiners, Royal College of Surgeons of England, and the Council of the Anatomical Society. He has translated works from French and German, including Jean-Didier Vincent and Pierre-Marie Lledo's The Custom-Made Brain: Cerebral Plasticity, Regeneration, and Enhancement. He is an associate collaborator with the Institute of the History of Medicine and Public Health at the University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Author(s)Peter Piot
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note22 b&w figures
- Weight482 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Translated byLaurence Garey
- Format DetailsTrade binding
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.00Trending at £38.42
- £60.48Trending at £61.87
- £17.90Trending at £19.97
- £27.55Trending at £30.42
- £30.65Trending at £31.40
- £28.56Trending at £32.36
- £13.98Trending at £14.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.