Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIrish screenwriter, playwright, and director Gerard Stembridge's glib romantic comedy is a tale of familial sexual intrigue told from the multiple perspectives of three sisters and their brother. In stark contrast to rural cinematic visions of Ireland like WAKING NED DEVINE, Stembridge's story is set in a glittering, hiply urbane Dublin. Lucy Owens, (Kate Hudson) a waitress-cum-singer in a sleek cafe, has a romantic past littered with boyfriends, but not one great passion. Things change for the pretty singer when she meets the sexy, shy Adam (Stuart Townsend), whose sweetness charms both Lucy and her family. Behind the wide-eyed facade, however, Adam is a roguish serial seducer, who begins to work his magic on Lucy's repressed, bookish sister Laura (Frances O'Connor). With tragic flair, the sensual Adam recites poetry angling to get into the Victorian mind, heart and bed of Laura. Matters are further complicated when the oblivious Lucy proposes to the caddish chameleon, and her older, wiser sister, Alice (Charlotte Bradley) and brother, David, (Alan Maher) begin to suspect Adam's apparent perfection. Stembridge's farcical sexual romp features a young, talented cast and is a firmly tongue-in-cheek examination of sexual morality and family relationships.
- Leading Role 1Stuart Townsend
- Director 1Gerard Stembridge
- Leading Role 2Frances O'Connor
- Leading Role 3Charlotte Bradley
- Additional Roles byTommy Tiernan,Rosaleen Linehan,Kate Hudson,Donal Beecher,Alan Maher
- ProducerMarina Hughes,Anna Devlin
- ScreenwriterGerard Stembridge
- Score ComposerAdrian Johnston
- EditorMary Finlay
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2002
- Additional GenreRomantic
- Running Time94 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- goosey050415 May, 2008by
I love this film. It is a clever comedy farce. A real chick flick. Kate Hudson plays and Irish lass who meets and falls in love with "Adam". The film is about her families different opinions of Adam. Adam is a charmer and not all he appears.
- marvellousmelie20 Mar, 2008by
Good actors but slow to keep your attention
I thought this movies would be fantastic because of the actors such as Kate Hudson and Stuart Townsted but I bettled to watch the whole movie and was a bit dissapointed to be honest. I reralise many people in this world have many different tastes but this was not as funny as I had anticipated unfortunately, but from actor point of view it was a good performance by Kate Hudson she was and still is a talented actress indeed.
- c.ablewhite27 Jan, 2008by
Not as good as I hoped it would be.
Bought this thinking that it would be a light-hearted romantic comedy. I suppose that is does meet this criteria, but still I didn't enjoy it.
- berlin-bear103 Aug, 2006by
Loving About Adam
What a great film. About Adam is a feel good film packed with famous names such as Stuart Townsend and Kate Hudson. Funny, sexy and touching, this is the perfect film to watch when you need reminding that life shouldn't always be serious. Be warned though, Townsend is seriously addictive and since I purchased this film, I have bought every film he has ever made!
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £39.95Trending at £74.99
- £10.75Trending at £17.97
- £4.34Trending at £5.64
- £16.89Trending at £19.99
- £26.49Trending at £39.98
- £10.44Trending at £14.57
- £2.53Trending at £2.98