All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited volume, Academics in Action! describes a multi-disciplinary model informed by the educational philosophy of John Dewey wherein students and faculty work with communities, learn from them, and combing findings from theory and research to develop solutions to solve community problems. The volume offers innovative examples of community-engaged research, teaching, and service.
- Author BiographySandra L. Barnes is professor in the Department of Human and Organizational Development (HOD) and the School of Divinity at Vanderbilt University. Lauren Brinkley-Rubinstein is a recent PhD graduate in Community Research and Action (CRA) in Peabody College of Education and Human Development at Vanderbilt University. Bernadette Doykos is a Doctoral Candidate in CRA in HOD at Peabody College of Vanderbilt. Nina C. Martin is a Lecturer in Psychology and Human Development and HOD in Peabody College of Education and Human Development at Vanderbilt University. Allison Patten McGuire is a Lecturer in HOD in Peabody College of Education and Human Development at Vanderbilt University.
- Author(s)Allison McGuire,Bernadette Doykos,Lauren Brinkley-Rubinstein,Nina C. Martin
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication04/01/2016
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited bySandra L. Barnes
- Format DetailsCloth
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.19
- £13.56Trending at £17.30
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.41
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £25.99Trending at £26.99
- £24.84Trending at £26.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.