Save on Adult Learning & University
- £3.78Trending at £6.99
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents a comprehensive and up-to-date introduction to the major topics associated with accretion processes in astrophysics.
- Author BiographyIgnacio Gonzalez Martinez-Pais is Lecturer at the Astrophysics Department of La Laguna University and Staff Researcher at the Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias. His main research interests include the study of compact binaries in which accretion takes place: cataclysmic variables (harbouring a white dwarf as the accreting object) and X-ray binaries (harbouring a neutron star or black hole). He has extensive experience teaching related subjects such as general physics, fluid mechanics, differential equations, astrophysical instrumentation, observational techniques and accretion processes. Tariq Shahbaz is Staff Scientist at the Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias, where his research focuses on the study of compact objects, such as neutron stars and black holes, and determining their masses by developing methods to model the observed lightcurves and spectra. His other research interests include high time resolution phenomena and X-ray binaries. He is a member of the International Astronomical Union. Jorge Casares Velazquez is Staff Scientist at the Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias. His research focuses on the study of galactic black holes, with emphasis on the determination of their dynamical masses. He has promoted novel strategies for deriving fundamental parameters in X-ray binaries by exploiting the reprocessing of X-rays into optical line radiation. His other research interests include the study of gamma-ray binaries, cataclysmic variables and millisecond pulsars. He is a member of the International Astronomical Union and the Spanish Astronomical Society.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/02/2014
- Series TitleCanary Islands Winter School of Astrophysics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note140 b/w illus.
- Weight760 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byIgnacio Gonzalez Martinez-Pais,Jorge Casares Velazquez,Tariq Shahbaz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.