All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a supplement for Across A Deadly Field that brings to the tabletop the bitter struggles of the Western Theatre of the American Civil War. In this title, the special rules and scenarios give players everything they need to recreate the battles, both great and small, of this theatre of the war.
- Author BiographyIn the field of tactical wargame designs, few designers have had as much impact as John Hill. In the 1970s, John started his own company to design and publish tactical and operational games that broke from traditional wargame mechanics. Realizing that he preferred designing wargames over running a business, John sold the company and became a freelance wargame designer. From then on, John's designs for Avalon Hill, SPI, SDC and others became noted for their innovative approaches to simulating unique tactical situations. In 1977, John designed Squad Leader for Avalon Hill. Squad Leader broke the mould for how tactical combat was portrayed on the gaming board, and its impact is still felt today. Mark Stacey was born in Manchester in 1964 and has been a freelance illustrator since 1987. He has a lifelong interest in all periods of history, particularly military history, and has specialised in this area throughout his career.
- Author(s)John Hill
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/05/2015
- GenreHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleAcross A Deadly Field
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note76 col
- Weight541 g
- Width190 mm
- Height242 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mark Stacey
Best-selling in Puzzles, Trivia & Indoor Games
Save on Puzzles, Trivia & Indoor Games
- £8.66Trending at £11.95
- £7.69Trending at £7.98
- £13.25Trending at £18.99
- £10.22Trending at £14.98
- £13.93Trending at £19.08
- £5.58Trending at £5.87
- £4.95Trending at £8.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.