All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive social worker's guide to working with children with disabilities.
- Author BiographyJulie began working in residential care in 1992, working within children's disability before moving to mainstream settings. Having qualified in 1999 she then moved to field Social Work and has worked in a variety of settings including child protection, adoption, looked after children and also had a brief spell working overseas. Julie worked her way through the ranks from Social Worker to Team Manager and has also spent some time working in a hospital setting with adults with complex health and permanent conditions. Julie has mentored Social Workers and delivers training with Angie and is always looking for new learning experiences. Diana Leshone began working with children and families in 1989 starting in a Family Centre in partnership with Save the Children Fund and the Local authority. Her direct work includes assessments, direct work with children, crisis response, court work, behaviour management including developing and delivering courses, parenting skills, and disabilities. Diana has managed a Resource Centre and a Children's Centre whilst continuing to have children's needs in focus. She qualified as a social worker in 2009 and joined a children's disability team progressing to senior social worker. Diana has delivered training with Julie and is continually looking to share her practice wisdom to others in this field.
- Author(s)Diana Leshone,Julie Adams
- PublisherCritical Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCritical Skills for Social Work
- Place of PublicationNorthwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCritical Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.69Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.47
- £8.24Trending at £11.94
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.