All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdapted Physical Activity offers up-to-date information within a critical thinking approach. Based on a core theme of inclusion, this text examines the spectrum of adapted physical activity from school, community and international disability sports perspectives.
- Author BiographyRobert Steadward, O.C., LL.D. (Hons), is Past and Founding President of the International Paralympic Committee and Founder and CEO of The Steadward Centre, a multi-disability fitness, research, and lifestyle facility at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, where he is Professor Emeritus. A world leader in disability sport, author, teacher, and scientist, Robert Steadward has been recognized by universities in Alberta, Oregon, and Belgium for his work in adapted physical activity. Garry D. Wheeler is the Manager of Research and Counselling at The Steadward Centre at the University of Alberta. He is a member of the International Paralympic Committee, Sport Science Committee. E. Jane Watkinson is Associate Dean (Academic) and Professor of Physical Education and Recreation at the University of Alberta. She has written numerous publications related to physical activity and children with disabilities.
- PublisherUniversity of Alberta Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2003
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationAlberta
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Alberta Press
- Content Notetables & charts
- Weight1600 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byE. J. Watkinson,Garry D. Wheeler,Robert D. Steadward
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £24.97Trending at £27.59
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.94Trending at £6.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.