All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £40.40Trending at £41.79
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.93
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.66Trending at £24.06
About this product
- DescriptionAn absorbing dictionary that clearly explains the meanings of references and allusions that are likely to be encountered in modern English. Drawing on the resources of the Oxford English Corpus, illustrative examples are provided for almost every entry. Fully cross-referenced and with a thematic index, it is ideal for browsing or quick reference.
- Author BiographyAndrew Delahunty and Sheila Dignen are freelance lexicographers with many years' experience in writing dictionaries and other reference works. They have worked on a wide range of books including dictionaries for adults, children, and ELT. Sheila's recent publications include the Longman Business English Dictionary (2000), the Oxford Junior Dictionary (2007), and the Oxford Junior Thesaurus (2007). Andrew's recent publications include Talking Balls: A Guide to the Language of Sport (2006), the Oxford Primary Dictionary (2007), and From Bonbon to Cha-cha: Oxford Dictionary of Foreign Words and Phrases (2008).
- Author(s)Andrew Delahunty,Sheila Dignen
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication23/09/2010
- GenreFiction Companions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight758 g
- Width163 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.