All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Michael Miller,Pier Foscolo,Steffen Heidenreich
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- GenreEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight250 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction 2. Fundamental Concepts in Biomass Gasification 3. Biomass Pretreatment 4. Advanced Process Integration: The UNIQUE Gasifier Concept - Integrated Gasification, Gas Cleaning and Conditioning 5. Advanced Process Combination Concepts 6. New and Improved Gasification Concepts 7. Polygeneration Strategies 8. Conclusions and Outlook
- Author BiographySteffen Heidenreich received his Ph.D. in process engineering from the University of Kaiserslautern, Germany, in 1997. From 1997-2000 he was a researcher at the Institute of Material Research at the Research Center of Karlsruhe, Germany. In 2000 he joined SCHUMACHER Umwelt-und Trenntechnik GmbH, Germany (since 2002 part of Pall Corporation) as leader of the process development group. In 2001 he became head of the research and development department of Pall Filtersystems GmbH Werk Schumacher. In August 2014 Steffen Heidenreich has been appointed Director Global Technology New Technologies and Ceramic of the business unit Process Systems of Pall Corporation. He is author or co-author of more than 50 papers in international journals and of more than 20 patents and patent applications. He is vice chairman of the subject divison Gas Cleaning of ProcessNet, the German platform for chemical engineering. Dr. Heidenreich is a reviewer for a number of international journals, including Biomass and Bioenergy, Fuel, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Applied Energy, and is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Catalysts and the Journal of Membrane and Separation Technology. Currently, he is leading guest editor of the special issue Catalysts and sorbents for gas cleaning of the Journal of Chemistry. His research interests focus on hot gas filtration, biomass and coal gasification, catalytic gas phase reactions, catalysts, membranes and process intensification. Michael Muller received his Ph.D. in Corrosion Science from RWTH Aachen, Germany, in 1999, after having received his diploma in the same field from MFH Iserlohn, Germany, and another diploma in Chemistry also from RWTH Aachen. He was a researcher at the Institute for Materials and Processes in Energy Systems, IWV-2, Forschungszentrum Julich GmbH, from 2000 until 2005. Since then, he is Head of Thermochemistry section, Institute of Energy and Climate Research, IEK-2, Forschungszentrum Julich GmbH. His research interests are high temperature chemistry in thermal conversion of solid and liquid fuels, thermo-chemistry and thermo-physics of ashes, slags, salts, energy materials, and related systems, chemical hot gas cleaning and hight temperature corrosion. Pier Ugo Foscolo became Professor of Chemical Reaction Engineering at the Department of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials of University of L'Aquila, Italy, in 1989, after being Associate Professor at the same institution, Research Associate and Research Fellow at University College London, United Kingdom. Since then, he has coordinated a number of research projects, both in Italy and across Europe, and has been a member of the scientific committee of several international conferences. He is also a member of the Working Party on Chemical Reaction Engineering of the European Federation of Chemical Engineering, regular reviewer for a number of international journals, including the International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, AIChE Journal, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research and Chemical Engineering Science. Professor Foscolo has authored more than one hundred articles in scientific journals and conference proceedings, as well as six patents dealing with catalytic clean-up of biomass gas and gasifier configuration, and been appointed by the European Commission to review research proposals in the field of biomass for energy. His research intersts are biomass gasification, fuel gas cleaning and conditioning, and fluidized bed reactors.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.07
- £13.79Trending at £20.08
- £23.44Trending at £40.18
- £9.70Trending at £10.25
- £20.62Trending at £29.99
- £4.45Trending at £5.01
- £7.38Trending at £9.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.