All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £34.57Trending at £68.29
- £22.88Trending at £27.89
- £6.01Trending at £6.95
- £56.74Trending at £69.00
- £37.19Trending at £43.99
- £18.23Trending at £19.98
- £16.28Trending at £20.28
About this product
- Author(s)Piotr Tatjewski
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleAdvances in Industrial Control
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note4 Tables, black and white; XIX, 332 p.
- Weight545 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2007
- Table Of ContentsMultilayer Control Structure.- Model-based Fuzzy Control.- Model-based Predictive Control.- Set-point Optimization.
- Author BiographyProfessor Piotr Tatjewski graduated in control engineering from Warsaw University of Technology, Poland in 1972. He obtained his Ph.D. in 1976, and his D.Sc. in 1988, both in control engineering. The first period of his academic career was spent in the group of professor Wladyslaw Findeisen, working on control and optimisation of complex processes, on projects for process industry and concerning water distribution networks. In 1986 he was given a SERC fellowship for research on on-line set-point optimisation and spent 6 months as a research fellow of the Control Engineering Center of The City University London. Since 1990 he has been head of the Process Control Group at the Institute of Control and Computation Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology, leading many research and application projects (including that on advanced control for the Polish Petroleum Company). Professor Tatjewski spent the academic year 1992/1993 at the University of Birmingham in a project supported by the EU TEMPUS program. In 1993 he took up a professorship at Warsaw University of Technology and in 1996 the directorship of the Institute of Control and Computation Engineering there. In 2004 he was elected a member of the Committee of Automation and Robotics of the Polish Academy of Sciences. He works for the Ministry of Education and Science as an expert on standards in university education. An experienced researcher and teacher, Professor Tatjewski has published 4 books (two in English) and over 20 journal papers as author or co-author and participated in numerous international conferences. He has taught many courses, including Feedback Control, Digital Feedback Control, Hierarchical Control and Optimisation, and Advanced Control. Between 1994 and 1997 he was the coordinator and contractor of the large EU project Information Technology for Control and Decision Support - Curriculum Development within the TEMPUS program, co-ordinating work in 4 major Polish technical universities and 11 universities from EU countries (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain and Denmark). His main research interests are multilayer-multilevel process control and optimisation, fuzzy modelling and control, model predictive control of linear and nonlinear processes, soft computing methods, control and optimisation of large-scale processes.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.