All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.22Trending at £32.15
- £20.82Trending at £24.99
- £23.02Trending at £23.26
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £24.56Trending at £26.98
- £28.65Trending at £31.98
- £19.48Trending at £19.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe STandard for Exchange of Product model, or STEP, offers a complete computer-interpretable product data format. This volume covers recent research results, and a range of STEP and STEP-NC application case studies from the fields of design and manufacturing.
- Author BiographyXun Xu's recent work centres around the deployment of the STEP-NC data model, in replacement of the 50-year-old G-code model, to achieve a total integrated CAD/CAM/CNC scenario. He was invited to chair an editorial panel to lead a Special Issue on STEP-Compliant Process Planning and Manufacturing for the International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing. Associate Professor Xu obtained his PhD from UMIST, UK, and is now a member of the Department of Manufacturing Engineering at the University of Auckland, where he is Director of the Intelligent and Interoperable Manufacturing Systems Research Group, and Head of the Manufacturing Systems Laboratory. Associate Professor Xu is a member of the editorial boards for several journals, including the International Journal of Production Research and Robotics & Computer Integrated Manufacturing. Andrew Y. C. Nee has been working on several areas in manufacturing engineering, including computer-aided mould, die and fixture design; distributed manufacturing systems; and augmented reality applications in manufacturing. His most recent co-edited book, entitled Collaborative Design and Planning for Digital Manufacturing, was published by Springer in early 2009. Professor Nee earned his PhD from the Victoria University of Manchester and joined the University of Singapore the following year. In 1982 he became the first person from outside the USA to be awarded the Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer's Award from the Society of Manufacturing Engineers. He is currently Director of the Office of Research at the National University of Singapore, as well as chairman of Manusoft Technologies Pte Ltd. Professor Nee is regional editor of Springer's International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology and of the International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, in addition to being a member of the editorial boards for another 20 journals in manufacturing engineering. He currently holds the chairmanship of the Scientific and Technical Committee Design and is also a council member.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Advanced Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note52 black & white tables, biography
- Weight771 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byA. Y. C. Nee,Xun Xu
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2010 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.