Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.70Trending at £50.87
- £8.99Trending at £10.11
- £14.41Trending at £15.22
- £22.72Trending at £29.99
- £24.62Trending at £27.89
- £18.56Trending at £19.53
- £12.98Trending at £14.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides the basic framework and knowledge required for the efficient and sustainable use of natural fiber composites as a structural and building material, along with information on the ongoing efforts to improve the efficiency of use and competitiveness of these composites.
- Author BiographyProfessor Dr. Mizi Fan is Chair in Low Carbon and Energy Materials and Civil Engineering, Head of Research, Department of Civil Engineering, and Director for the Nanocellulose and Bio-composites Research Centre, Brunel RISE (Research Institute for Sustainable Engineering) and 'Grow2Build' European Centre of Excellence at Brunel University, United Kingdom. He teaches all aspects of civil engineering materials, construction and sustainability to undergraduate and postgraduate students, and his principle research interests have included fibre science and technology (nanocellulose, particle and aerogel), composites, recycling and sustainability in construction. He is an author, or co-author, of over 150 technical papers and author of five text books on nano particles, natural fibre composites and new products, and management, recycling and reuse of waste composites. Professor Fan is the editor of five international journals on materials, construction and the environment. He has been the co-ordinator for 12 complex EU FP5, FP6 and FP7 projects and acted as external expert proposal evaluator for the European Commission, and Greek and Austria government departments. Professor Dr. Feng Fu is Director of Research Management, Head of International Collaborative-innovation Team of Value-added Technology, Chief Expert of Natural Fibre-based Functional Materials and Design and Manufacturing of Bio-based Composites, Chinese Academy of Forestry (CAF), PR of China. He is a Fellow of the International Academy of Wood Science, Secretary General of Technology Innovation Alliance of Wood/Bamboo Industry, and Secretary General of Wood Industry Branch, Chinese Society of Forestry. Professor Fu's research has primarily focused on wood-based functional composites and composite innovations. His group has developed a variety of functional products, such as electromagnetic shielding composites, fireproofing composites, soundproof composites and temperature sensitive color-changed composites. Professor Fu has coordinated numerous scientific research projects. He is an author, or co-author, of over 160 papers and six text books, and holds over 30 patents. He is the editor of three international journals.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication12/10/2016
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Weight1070 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byFeng Fu,Mizi Fan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.