Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a comprehensive and an efficient approach to marathoning. This book shows how to complement your running workouts with strength, core, flexibility, and form training; implement nutrition and hydration strategies and recovery techniques; and taper properly to reach peak performance.
- Author BiographyPete Pfitzinger ran in the 1984 and 1988 Olympic marathons, both times finishing as the top American. With a personal best of 2:11:43, Pfitzinger is a two-time winner of the San Francisco Marathon and placed third in the 1987 New York City Marathon. He was ranked the top American marathoner in 1984 by Track & Field News and he is a member of the Road Runners Club of America's Hall of Fame. Currently the chief executive of the New Zealand Academy of Sport in Auckland, he has written contributed to parts of two other books on running and was a senior writer for Running Times from 1997 to 2007, in which his popular column, The Pfitzinger Lab Report, appeared. Scott Douglas is a freelance writer and editor with more than 15 years of professional journalism experience related to running. A former editor of Running Times, he is a regular contributor to Runner's World and Running Times and has coauthored four books on running, including two with running legend Bill Rodgers.
- Author(s)Pete Pfitzinger,Scott Douglas
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication31/01/2009
- GenreAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2007
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 82 black & white halftones
- Weight544 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £28.95Trending at £34.39
- £22.69Trending at £30.00
- £12.77Trending at £14.10
- £12.69Trending at £16.15
- £20.77Trending at £29.90
- £16.78Trending at £19.99
- £12.18Trending at £16.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.