All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.24Trending at £10.96
- £19.99Trending at £22.59
- £30.79Trending at £33.99
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
About this product
- Author(s)Jack Smith,Sareen Gropper
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date18/06/2015
- Weight1498 g
- Width223 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement6th edition
- Table Of ContentsSECTION I: CELLS AND THEIR NOURISHMENT. 1. The Cell: A Microcosm of Life. 2. The Digestive System: Mechanism for Nourishing the Body. SECTION II: MACRONUTRIENTS AND THEIR METABOLISM. 3. Carbohydrates. 4. Fiber. 5. Lipids. 6. Protein. 7. Integration and Regulation of Metabolism and the Impact of Exercise and Sport. 8. Body Composition, Energy Expenditure, and Energy Balance. SECTION III: THE REGULATORY NUTRIENTS. 9. The Water-Soluble Vitamins. 10. The Fat-Soluble Vitamins. 11. Major Minerals. 12. Water and Electrolytes. 13. Essential Trace and Ultratrace Minerals. 14. Nonessential Trace and Ultratrace Minerals.
- Author BiographyJack Smith was Professor and Chair of the nutrition department at the University of Delaware. He is now retired. Metabolism is his area of expertise. Sareen Gropper is a professor with the College of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University; she also has a secondary appointment with the University's College of Medicine. Dr. Gropper is a Registered Dietitian and has expertise in nutrient metabolism as well as medical nutrition.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.