All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis two-part, fifth edition has been updated to reflect advances in the field since the previous edition, especially in computational chemistry. Part A covers the basis of fundamental structural topics and basic mechanistic types.
- Author BiographyFrancis A. Carey is a native of Pennsylvania, educated in the public schools of Philadelphia, at Drexel University (B.S. in chemistry, 1959), and at Penn State (Ph.D. 1963). Following postdoctoral work at Harvard and military service, he was appointed to the chemistry faculty of the University of Virginia in 1966. Prior to retiring in 2000, he regularly taught the two-semester lecture courses in general chemistry and organic chemistry. With his students, Professor Carey has published over forty research papers in synthetic and mechanistic organic chemistry. Professor Sundberg is primarily engaged in teaching and chemical education. Along with Francis A. Carey he is the author of Advanced Organic Chemistry. Professor Sundberg is also interested in synthetic methodology in heterocyclic chemistry and is the author of Indoles in the Best Synthetic Methods Series (Academic Press, 1996).
- Author(s)Francis A. Carey,Richard J. Sundberg
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/05/2008
- Series TitleAdvanced Organic Chemistry
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note182 black & white tables, biography
- Weight2132 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Edition Statement5th Corrected ed. 2007. Corr. 2nd printing 2008
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.