Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.67
- £19.99Trending at £22.65
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £30.79Trending at £34.35
- £16.99Trending at £18.63
- £15.72Trending at £22.83
About this product
- Author(s)R. W. Fast
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/07/2013
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleAdvances in Cryogenic Engineering (Closed)
- Series Part/Volume Number35
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1571 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Contained items statement2 Paperbacks
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
- Table Of ContentsA.- Half Century of Superfluid Helium.- Fifty Years of Superfluid Helium.- Understanding Some of the Mysteries of Superfluid Helium.- Discovery and Properties of Quantized Vortices in Helium II.- Early Superfluidity in Cambridge, 1936 to 1939.- Mendelssohn and Superfluid Helium Film Work at the Clarendon Laboratory.- Development of the theory of Superfluidity in the USSR: Some Remarks.- He II Technology Development in Japan.- Tore Supra and He II Cooling of Large High Field Magnets.- Science and Applications of He-II in Space.- The Thermo-Mechanical Effect of Superfluid Helium and its Technical Application.- Heat and Mass Transfer in Helium.- Numerical Studies on the Influence of Superfluid Turbulence on Heat Transfer in Liquid He II.- The Evolution of Axisymmetric Heat Pulses in He II - Critical Heat Flux and Heating Time.- Some Results on the Heat Transfer in Solid-Liquid He II.- Transient Heat Transfer to Superfluid Liquid Helium.- Mathematical Simulation of Nonstationary Thermal State of Superfluid Helium in Channel.- Numerical Computation of Thermal Shock Wave in He II.- Experiments on the Breakdown of Heat Transfer in Liquid Helium II.- Heat Transfer Related to Superconducting Magnet Stability: He II-He I Dynamic Limits.- Dynamic and Transient Stability of He II Cooled Conductors.- Design and Performance of Forced-Flow He II Heat Exchangers.- The Liquid/Vapor Phase Boundary in a Porous Plug.- Superfluid Transition of 4He Films Adsorbed in Porous Superleaks.- Pressure Drop of He II Flow Through a Porous Media.- Active Phase Separation of He II Using Porous Media.- Non-Linear Porous Plug Heat Flow: Large Pore Limit Versus Size-Dependent Flux Density.- The Fountain Effect in Aerospace Cryogenics.- Fountain Effect Pump Driven Helium Flow at Steady and Unsteady Heat Load.- He II Flow Phenomena Through Fountain Effect Pump Element.- Measurements of the Critical Velocity of Hydraulic Cavitation in Superfluid 4He.- A Thin Film Flowmeter for Use in Liquid Helium II.- Laser Doppler Velocimeter Measurement of Thermal Counterflow Jet in He II.- Application of He II: Cooling Superconducting Devices.- Operational Experience with the 1.75 K Tore Supra Refrigerator.- A Large 1.8 K Facility for Magnet Tests.- 2.0 K Cebaf Cryogenics.- Production of Pressurized Superfluid Helium II by Directly Compressing Saturated Superfluid Helium II.- Applications of He II: Superfluids in Space.- Thermal Design and Test of Irts Cryostat.- Computer Based Control of the Superfluid Helium on-Orbit Transfer Space Shuttle Experiment.- Superfluid Helium Onorbit Resupply.- A Design and Critical Technology Issues for on-Orbit Resupply of Superfluid Helium.- Experimental Verification of a Tank to Tank He II Transfer Model with Trade Study Results.- A Conceptual Study for a Superfluid Helium Tanker (Sfht).- Comparison of SIRTF Dewar Performance in the 900 km and 100,000 km Orbits.- Testing and Application of a Motorized Valve for the Containment of Superfluid Helium.- Heat Transfer to Liquid Helium and Liquid Nitrogen.- An Experimental Study of Free Convection in Horizontal Tubes with Different End Temperatures.- Effect of System Pressure and Liquid Subcooling on Quasi-Steady Nucleate Boiling and its Life for Liquid Helium I.- Transient Heat Transfer into Liquid Helium under Controlled Heat Generation.- Numerical Analysis of Heating Induced Transient Flow in Supercritical Helium.- Onset of Nucleate and Film Boiling Resulting from Transient Heat Transfer to Liquid Hydrogen.- Heat Transfer in Pressurized Liquid Hydrogen at Low Values of Film ?T.- An Experimental Investigation of Film-Condensation Heat Transfer of Hydrogen in a Vertical Tube.- Evaluation of a Novel Enhanced Boiling Surface in Cryogenic Liquids.- Heterogeneous Spontaneous Nucleation Temperature on Solid Surface in Liquid Nitrogen.- Transient Heat Transfer in Liquid Nitrogen.- Operating Characteristics of Two-Phase Nitrogen Thermosyphons.- An Experimental Study of Gas Spring Heat Transfer in Reciproca
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.