CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £24.50
- £26.30Trending at £26.87
- £17.51Trending at £17.84
- £20.30Trending at £26.98
- £16.38Trending at £16.77
- £20.87Trending at £21.09
- £21.83Trending at £22.50
About this product
- DescriptionContains reviews in all areas of interest in contemporary parasitology. This title includes medical studies on parasites of major influence, such as Plasmodium falciparum and trypanosomes. It also offers reviews of more traditional areas such as zoology, taxonomy, and life history, which shape thinking and applications.
- Author BiographyProfessor David Rollinson is a Merit Research Scientist at the Natural History Museum in London, where he leads a research team in the Wolfson Wellcome Biomedical Laboratories and directs the WHO Collaborating Centre for schistosomiasis. He has had a long fascination with parasites and the diseases that they cause, this has involved him in many overseas projects especially in Africa. He is on the WHO Expert Advisory Panel of parasitic diseases, the editor of Advances in Parasitology and a former President of the World Federation of Parasitologists. His research group uses a multidisciplinary approach, which combines detailed molecular studies in the laboratory with ongoing collaborative studies in endemic areas of disease, to explore the intriguing world of parasites in order to help control and eliminate parasitic diseases.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication25/06/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Parasitology
- Series Part/Volume Number79
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight870 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Series Edited byDavid Rollinson,S. I. Hay
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.