All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £26.14Trending at £27.38
- £82.97Trending at £89.08
- £24.23Trending at £25.19
- £23.65Trending at £26.08
- £22.21Trending at £24.29
- £16.36Trending at £22.99
- £16.56Trending at £20.28
About this product
- DescriptionAs the definitive history of the AAVSO, this text will interest amateur and professional astronomers, historians and sociologists alike.
- Author BiographyTom Williams is the AAVSO Historian and has served in AAVSO leadership positions for over 20 years, including twice as president. He earned a Ph.D. in History from Rice University in 2000, after spending over thirty years as an industrial chemist and manufacturing manager. Since then, Dr Williams has served as a senior editor for the Biographical Encyclopedia of Astronomers (Springer, 2007) and has written forty-three entries for that work. Over the past twenty-five years he has published book chapters, encyclopedia entries and over thirty articles and book reviews. Michael Saladyga is Technical Assistant and Archivist at the AAVSO where he has written several articles on variable star astronomy history for JAAVSO: The Journal of the American Association of Variable Star Observers and has contributed to a number of AAVSO technical monographs and historical articles on variable stars. He earned a Ph.D. in English and American Literature from Brandeis University in 1995. As AAVSO Archivist, he has arranged and catalogued the AAVSO's historical papers - the foundation for much of this book.
- Author(s)Michael Saladyga,Thomas R. Williams
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/05/2011
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note128 b/w illus.
- Weight1100 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.