Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn autobiography of mathematician Stanislaw Ulam, one of the great scientific minds of the twentieth century, tells a story with prophetic speculations and peppered with anecdotes.
- Author BiographyS. M. Ulam (1909-1984) was born in Poland and was a key member of the now legendary Polish School of Mathematics. In the United States from 1935 on, he received many academic appointments and honors and authored many articles, essays, and mathematical books, including Analogies between Analogies (California, 1990). Daniel Hirsch is President of the Committee to Bridge the Gap, located in Los Angeles. William G. Mathews is Professor of Astrophysics at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Francoise Ulam is a resident of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Jan Mycielski is Professor of Mathematics at the University of Colorado.
- Author(s)Daniel Hirsch,Francoise Ulam,Jan Mycielski,S. M. Ulam,William G. Matthews
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication23/07/1991
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.29Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.66
- £9.95Trending at £10.13
- £56.83Trending at £57.83
- £10.30Trending at £14.99
- £9.43Trending at £11.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.