All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- DescriptionAdventuring in Dictionaries: New Studies in the History of Lexicography brings together seventeen papers on the making of dictionaries from the sixteenth century to the present day. The first five treat English and French lexicography in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
- Author BiographyJohn Considine teaches English at the University of Alberta. His monograph Dictionaries in Early Modern Europe: Lexicography and the Making of Heritage was published in 2008. He is the co-editor with Giovanni Iamartino of Words and Dictionaries from the British Isles in Historical Perspective (2007), and the editor of the present volume and two companion volumes, Webs of Words: New Studies in Historical Lexicology and Current Projects in Historical Lexicography, all published by Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byProfessor John Considine
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.