All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish Learners (ELs) are the fastest-growing segment of the K--12 population. This book demystifies the techniques educators need to provide a voice for their unique needs.
- Author BiographyDiane Staehr Fenner is the president of SupportEd, LLC (formerly DSF Consulting), a woman owned small business that provides educators in English learners' education the skills and resources they need to champion ELs' success within and beyond their classrooms. At SupportEd, Diane serves as project lead for all the team's work providing professional development, programmatic support, and research to school districts, states, organizations, and the U.S. Department of Education. Diane is an author of four books, a blogger for the Colorin Colorado website, and a frequent keynote presenter on EL education at conferences across North America. Diane was a research associate at George Washington University's Center for Excellence and Equity in Education, spent a decade as an ESOL teacher, dual language assessment teacher, and ESOL assessment specialist in Fairfax County Public Schools, VA, and taught English in Veracruz, Mexico and Berlin, Germany. Diane earned her Ph.D. in Multilingual/Multicultural Education with an emphasis in Literacy at George Mason University. She earned her MAT in TESOL at the School for International Training and her Masters in German at Penn State University. She lives in Fairfax, VA with her husband, three elementary age kids who are in a Spanish immersion program in their public school, a dog, a few fish, and an elderly hamster. Diane speaks fluent Spanish and German, grew up on a dairy farm in New York State's Finger Lakes region. You can connect with her via email at Diane@GetSupportEd.net or on Twitter at @DStaehrFenner. Watch Diane's Webinar: Advocating for English Learners: Sharing the Responsiblity and the Joy
- PrizesWinner of ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Award: Education 2013.
- Author(s)Diane Staehr Fenner
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/09/2013
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.30Trending at £28.99
- £27.92Trending at £30.58
- £26.50Trending at £28.72
- £13.15Trending at £15.69
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £29.73
- £23.65Trending at £26.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.