All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDido, queen of Carthage, is inflamed by love for Aeneas. The goddesses Juno and Venus plot to unite them, and their 'marriage' is consummated in a cave during a hunt. However, Jupiter sends Mercury to remind Aeneas of his duty, and the hero departs despite Dido's passionate pleas. Dido commits suicide.
- Author BiographyKeith MacLennan was Head of Classics at Rugby School. He is the editor of Virgil: Aeneid VI, also published by Duckworth.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/09/2007
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBristol Classical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight241 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byKeith MacLennan
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £39.85
- £6.80Trending at £8.98
- £2.81Trending at £3.42
- £4.99Trending at £5.17
- £5.99Trending at £8.84
- £9.57Trending at £10.99
- £8.98Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.