Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers the theoretical basis and mathematical modeling of sound, especially undesirable sounds produced by aircraft, such as engine noise from propellers, fans, combustion chamber and jets, external surface noise and sonic booms. Offers problem sets.
- Author BiographyTarit Bose is a retired professor of aerospace engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M), India. He retired in 1998 after 27 years of teaching Thermodynamics , Aircraft Propulsion , CFD and Plasma Dynamics . During his time at IIT-M; Tarit supervised 16 masters level candidates and 10 doctoral candidates. Tarit received his Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Munich, West Germany in 1960. He received his Doctorate in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Stuttgart, West Germany in 1965. Tarit worked for NASA-NRC as a resident research associate in the heat transfer group, propulsion research and advanced concepts section of Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), Pasadena from June 1968 through May 1970. Prior to JPL Tarit was a research fellow at the University of Minnesota heat transfer laboratory. In 1998 Tarit joined Metacomp Technologies, Agoura Hills, CA as a research scientist. He has since retired and is pursuing personal projects.
- Author(s)Tarit Kumar Bose
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/11/2012
- GenreTransport Technology
- Series TitleSpringer Aerospace Technology
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.