All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection that brings together three hundred of the most enduringly popular of Aesop fables. It includes all the age-old favourites - the wily fox, the vain peacock, the predatory cat and steady tortoise. It is a world where even a lamp and the moon can speak, and mice taunt bulls.
- Author BiographyAlthough the three hundred fables in this collection are attributed to Aesop, and his name is synonymous with the form, it seems unlikely he was in fact anything more than a legendary figure. While some historical accounts maintain he was a slave with a prodigious talent for story-telling who lived during the sixth century B.C., many believe it unlikely that this whole stock of fables can be attributed to one individual. What does seem clear though is that the fables began their life being orally transmitted before being put down in writing.
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Weight283 g
- Width102 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementMain market ed
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £5.59Trending at £5.77
- £7.55Trending at £7.98
- £6.67Trending at £6.89
- £6.25Trending at £9.94
- £7.99Trending at £9.94
- £6.56Trending at £8.95
- £6.99Trending at £8.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.