Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than 2,000 years, the fables of the Greek slave known as Aesop have entertained readers with their wise reflections on human nature and their insightful, often witty 'morals'. This edition features more than 300 selections passed down through the ages.
- Author BiographyThe writer known as Aesop was born into slavery in Greece in the seventh century BC. The first edition of his fables was published in 1484. French-born illustrator Ernest Griset spent most of his adult life in London. His artwork appeared in numerous books and periodicals for children and adults, including the long-lived humour magazine Punch. His edition of Aesop's Fables is considered a classic of nineteenth-century illustrated literature.
- PublisherBarnes & Noble Inc
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleFall River Classics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarnes & Noble Inc
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes illustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ernest Griset
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.75Trending at £4.84
- £6.02Trending at £6.29
- £4.75Trending at £5.59
- £4.15Trending at £4.69
- £4.30Trending at £6.84
- £4.79Trending at £6.16
- £4.95Trending at £8.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.