All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraces the historic struggles and the changing nature of political authority in Afghanistan, from the Mughal Empire in the sixteenth century to the Taliban resurgence today. This title introduces readers to the bewildering diversity of tribal and ethnic groups in this volatile region of the world.
- Author BiographyThomas Barfield is professor of anthropology at Boston University. His books include The Perilous Frontier: Nomadic Empires and China, 221 BC to AD 1757; The Central Asian Arabs of Afghanistan; and Afghanistan: An Atlas of Indigenous Domestic Architecture.
- Author(s)Thomas Barfield
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2012
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitlePrinceton Studies in Muslim Politics
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note5 line illus. 9 maps.
- Weight399 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.11Trending at £14.50
- £9.05Trending at £15.03
- £15.01Trending at £16.70
- £13.77Trending at £19.99
- £31.44Trending at £52.30
- £11.27Trending at £18.05
- £12.58Trending at £18.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.