All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.41
- £16.64Trending at £17.75
- £6.53Trending at £6.64
- £71.47Trending at £107.26
- £111.91Trending at £139.98
- £21.18Trending at £29.60
- £19.17Trending at £21.75
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the Taliban took control of Afghanistan, the religious group aimed to destroy any artistic expression that violated their strict interpretation of Islamic rules. A group of Afghan artists risked death by disobeying the Taliban to preserve the artwork of their country. Who are the men that saved Afghanistan's art? How did they do it?
- Author BiographyDr. Rob Waring is an Associate Professor at Notre Dame Seishin Women's University in Okayama, Japan. His research interests extend to reading and the acquisition of vocabulary. He is a founding member of the Extensive Reading Foundation and a well-known expert on Extensive Reading. He has published many articles on Extensive Reading and is program advisor to many educational institutions throughout Asia. He maintains an Extensive Reading website, and is owner and moderator of the Extensive Reading discussion list. He was co-conference chair of JALT 2005 in Shizuoka, Japan.
- Author(s)National Geographic,Rob Waring
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- GenreELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight68 g
- Width149 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.