All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooks at fashion, international networks of style, and the world of African aesthetic expression. This book introduces fashion designers whose work reflects African histories and cultures both conceptually and stylistically, and demonstrates that dress styles associated with indigenous cultures may have all the hallmarks of high fashion.
- Author BiographyVictoria L. Rovine is Associate Professor of Art History at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is author of Bogolan: Shaping Culture through Cloth in Contemporary Mali (IUP, 2008).
- Author(s)Victoria L. Rovine
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2015
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleAfrican Expressive Cultures
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note97 color illus.
- Weight798 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.83
- £4.24Trending at £4.52
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £22.68
- £0.99Trending at £6.29
- £7.62Trending at £10.49
- £10.30Trending at £10.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.