All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew edition of this bestselling textbook for students of social gerontology and aging throughout the social sciences. A leading name in gerontology, Rick Moody provides a thorough explanation of the issues, alongside a detailed and critical exploration of current research.
- Author BiographyHarry R. Moody is a graduate of Yale University and received his Ph.D. in philosophy from Columbia University. He has taught philosophy at Columbia University, Hunter College, New York University, and the University of California at Santa Cruz. He recently retired as Vice President and Director of Academic Affairs for AARP in Washington, DC. He is currently Visiting Professor at Tohoku University in Japan, and Distinguished Visiting Professor at Fielding Graduate University. Dr. Moody previously served as Executive Director of the Brookdale Center on Aging at Hunter College and Chairman of the Board of Elderhostel (now Road Scholar). Moody is the author of over 100 scholarly articles, as well as a number of books including: Abundance of Life: Human Development Policies for an Aging Society (Columbia University Press, 1988) and Ethics in an Aging Society (Johns Hopkins University Press, 1992). His most recent book, The Five Stages of the Soul, was published by Doubleday Anchor Books and has been translated into seven languages worldwide. He is the editor of a newsletter, Human Values in Aging, reaching 10,000 subscribers each month. In 2011 he received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Society on Aging and in 2008 he was named by Utne Reader Magazine as one of 50 Visionaries Who Are Changing Your World. Jennifer R. Sasser is Chair and Associate Professor in the Department of Human Sciences at Marylhurst University in Portland, Oregon, where she coordinates the gerontology program. She joined the Marylhurst faculty in 1997 and since that time has been involved in the design and implementation of many on-campus and Web-based courses and programs for adult learners, including the graduate and undergraduate certificate programs in gerontology. While conducting her doctoral work at Oregon State University, she was a graduate teaching and research fellow, as well as the first recipient of the AARP/Andrus Foundation Graduate Fellowship in Gerontology. Over the past 20 years, Dr. Sasser has studied and written about creativity in later life; older women's embodiment; critical gerontological theory; and transformational adult learning practices. She served on the Oregon Gerontological Association Board of Directors starting in 2005 and was President of the Board for three years. In 2012, she received a Distinguished Teacher award from the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education.
- Author(s)Harry R. Moody,Jennifer R. Sasser
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/05/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight885 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.38
- £4.60Trending at £6.20
- £12.06Trending at £12.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.