CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.71
- £15.91Trending at £19.98
- £13.02Trending at £20.00
- £2.81Trending at £3.58
- £10.99Trending at £12.99
- £2.50Trending at £4.17
- £4.99Trending at £9.78
About this product
- Author(s)Joseph F. Albright,Julia W. Albright
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication16/06/2003
- Series TitleInfectious Disease
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations
- Weight374 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
- Table Of ContentsHuman Aging: Present and Future Demographics Infectious Diseases of the Aging Limits on Life Expectancy and Future Prospects Theories of Senescence Chapter Summary References Aging and Altered Resistance to Infection Relatively Common Bacterial Infections of Aging Humans Selected Examples of Age-Associated Susceptibility to Bacterial Infections Bacterial Interactions with Mucosal Surfaces Antibiotic Resistance and Bacterial Variation Viral Infections in Aging Humans Protozoan Parasites in Aging Subjects. Fungal Infections in Aging Subjects Chapter Summary References Senescence of Natural/Innate Resistance to Infection Pattern Recognizing Receptors of Innate Immunity Phagocytic Cells: Monocytes/Macrophages Microbial Evasion of Phagocytic Destruction Age-Related Changes in Macrophages Phagocytic Cells: Neutrophils Natural Killer/Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cells Chapter Summary References Aging of Adaptive/Acquired Immunity Aging of the Thymus and Thymus-Derived (T) Cells The Functions and Diversity of Peripheral T Cells Summary: Known and Cognizable Effects of Aging T Cells Differentiation, Functions, and Aging of B Cells Chapter Summary References Nutrition, Longevity, and Integrity of the Immune System RCI-Mediated Delay of Immunosenescence How Does RCI Promote Life-Span Extension? Dietary Restriction vs Malnutrition References Epilogue Index
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.