Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.02Trending at £23.30
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £44.90Trending at £46.99
- £40.35Trending at £40.95
- £42.67Trending at £47.55
- £19.49Trending at £20.99
- £36.74Trending at £40.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book agricultural researchers present both sides of heavily debated agricultural and food issues. They answer questions and explain scholarly and scientific research on topics such as organic food, the safety of pesticides, livestock living conditions, the use of antibiotics in livestock intended for consumption, the effect of agriculture on the environment, and more.
- Author BiographyAll authors are present or former faculty members in the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at Oklahoma State University. Calvo and Oltenacu are animal scientists, Lancaster (now at University of Florida) is a plant scientist, and Norwood is an agricultural economist. The authors reflect a range of backgrounds. One was raised on a family farm in the Midwest, one in effect grew up on the back of a horse in S.C., one was raised in Miami with little exposure to agriculture before college, and another was born in Romania and has gained considerable professional experience in both the U.S. and the European Union. Their commonality is their commitment to helping the public understand agricultural issues through their teaching, research, and writings.
- Author(s)F. Bailey Norwood,Michelle S. Calvo-Lorenzo,Pascal A. Oltenacu,Sarah Lancaster
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleWhat Everyone Needs To Know
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight280 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.