Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £4.60Trending at £5.86
- £14.42Trending at £16.94
- £12.70Trending at £13.02
- £16.67Trending at £24.94
- £5.74Trending at £5.93
- £4.75Trending at £6.32
- £24.00Trending at £34.89
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- GenreAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleAdvances in Agroecology
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note89 black & white illustrations, 31 black & white tables
- Weight884 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byNoureddine Benkeblia
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsSoil Biogeochemistry: From Molecular to Ecosystem Level Using Terra Preta and Biochar as Examples, Bruno Glaser Factors and Mechanisms Regulating Soil Organic Carbon in Agricultural Systems, Yadunath Bajgai, Paul Kristiansen, Nilantha Hulugalle, and Melinda McHenry Carbon Capture and Use as an Alternative to Carbon Capture and Storage, Bruno Glaser and Per Espen Stoknes Agroecology of Agromicrobes, Manindra Nath Jha, Shankar Jha, and Sanjeet Kumar Chourasia Management of Rhizosphere Microorganisms in Relation to Plant Nutrition and Health, John Larsen, Miguel Najera Rincon, Carlos Gonzalez Esquivel, and Mayra E. Gavito Mechanized Rain-Fed Farming and Its Ecological Impact on the Drylands: The Case of Gedarif State, Sudan, Yasin Abdalla Eltayeb Elhadary The Paradox of Arable Weeds: Diversity, Conservation, and Ecosystem Services of the Unwanted, Jaime Fagundez Proteomics Potential and Its Contribution toward Sustainable Agriculture, Abhijit Sarkar, Md. Tofazzal Islam, Sajad Majeed Zargar, Vivek Dogra, Sun Tae Kim, Ravi Gupta, Renu Deswal, Ganesh Bagler, Yelam Sreenivasulu, Rungaroon Waditee-Sirisattha, Sophon Sirisattha, Jai Singh Rohila, Manish Raorane, Ajay Kohli, Dea-Wook Kim, Kyoungwon Cho, Abdiani Attiq Saidajan, Ganesh Kumar Agrawal, and Randeep Rakwal The Food System Approach in Agroecology Supported by Natural and Social Sciences: Topics, Concepts, Applications, Alexander Wezel, Philippe Fleury, Christophe David, and Patrick Mundler Agroecology Applications in Tropical Agriculture Systems, Noureddine Benkeblia and Charles A. Francis Agroforestry Adaptation and Mitigation Options for Smallholder Farmers Vulnerable to Climate Change, Brenda B. Lin Agroecology for Sustainable Coastal Ecosystems: A Case for Mangrove Forest Restoration, Mona Webber, Dale Webber, and Camilo Trench Suggesting an Interdisciplinary Framework for the Management of Integrated Production and Conservation Landscapes in a Transfrontier Conservation Area of Southern Africa, Munyaradzi Chitakira, Emmanuel Torquebiau, Willem Ferguson, and Kevin Mearns Agroecology in Central Appalachia: Framing Problems and Facilitating Solutions, Sean Clark Can Agroecological Practices Feed the World?: The Bio- and Ecoeconomic Paradigm in Agri-Food Production, Lummina G. Horlings Vermont Agricultural Resilience in a Changing Climate: A Transdisciplinary and Participatory Action Research (PAR) Processm Rachel Schattman, Ernesto Mendez, Katherine Westdijk, Martha Caswell, David Conner, Christopher Koliba, Asim Zia, Stephanie Hurley, Carol Adair, Linda Berlin, and Heather Darby Experiential Learning Using the Open-Ended Case: Future Agroecology Education, Charles A. Francis, Lennart Salomonsson, Geir Lieblein, Tor Arvid Breland, and Suzanne Morse Index
- Author BiographyDr. Noureddine Benkeblia is a Professor of Crop Science involved in food science focusing on food-plants biochemistry and physiology. His work is mainly devoted to the pre- and postharvest metabolism in crops. Few years ago, he introduced the new concept of systems biology -Metabolomics- to investigate the mechanisms of biosynthesis and accumulation of fructans in Liliaceous plants. Prof. Benkeblia, first received his BSc, MPhil and Doctor in Food Sciences from the Institut National Agronomique (Algeria), and Doctor in Agriculture (PhD) from Kagoshima University (Japan). After few years teaching in Algeria, He joined INRA, Avignon (France) as Postdoctoral Scientist from 2000. From 2002 to 2007, he worked as a Visiting Professor at the University of Rakuno Gakuen, Ebetsu (Japan), and Research Associate at Hokaido University. Prof. Benkeblia joined the Department of Life Sciences, the University of the West Indies (Jamaica) in 2008, continuing his work on the physiology, the biochemistry and metabolomics of fructan-containing plants in Jamaica. He also works on the postharvest physiology and biochemistry of local fruits. Prof. N. Benkeblia published over 150 papers, over 37 books and book chapters, and was recipient of many awards among them the UWI-Award of the Most Outstanding Research in 2011 and 2013.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.