All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.12
- £6.49Trending at £6.67
- £6.59Trending at £9.95
- £25.99Trending at £28.42
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
About this product
- DescriptionShows that agrofuels, once heralded as a solution to climate change, do more harm than good due to the capitalist system in which they are produced.
- Author BiographyFrancois Houtart is Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the Universite Catholique de Louvain. He was chief editor of the journal Social Compass from 1960 to 1999, and the editor of Alternatives Sud from 1994 - 2007. His previous books include The Globalisation of Resistance (with Samir Amin, 2002) and The Peasant as Actor (1982). He was the joint winner of the UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Prize 2009 for the promotion of tolerance and non-violence.
- Author(s)Francois Houtart
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication20/04/2010
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTransnational Institute
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Translated byVictoria Bawtree
- Foreword byVandana Shiva
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.