Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.12
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £20.74Trending at £21.11
- £9.90Trending at £11.05
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
About this product
- DescriptionWith a focus on humanizing science, this Science and Society set shows students all the factors that motivate research, and reveals how scientists compete and collaborate. By exploring the connections between science and society, each book illustrates both, how society supports science, and how science in return supports society.
- Author BiographyJ. S. Kidd is professor emeritus at the College of Library and Information Services at the University of Maryland, College Park. A specialist in science communication, he has worked as a chemist and systems analyst in government and private industry. Renee A. Kidd is a historian and reading specialist. She earned her undergraduate degree in biology and education from Illinois Wesleyan University, her M.Ed. from Loyola College in Baltimore, and her M.A. in art history and archaeology from the University of Maryland.
- Author(s)J.S. Kidd,Renee A. Kidd
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- GenreSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleScience and Society S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Note45-75 black-&-white photographs & line illustrations, index, glossary
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.