All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn engrossing account of a World War II legend. This is the explosive retelling of the career of Captain Ed Shames with appeal to enthusiasts of World War II and Band of Brothers fans.
- Author BiographyCol. Ed Shames is a 'Band of Brothers' veteran. He received a battlefield commission into E ('Easy') Company of the 506th PIR on 13 June 1944 in Carentan, France. He survived the war before eventually retiring as a Colonel. He is an active member of veterans' societies. Ian Gardner served for five years in Support Company, 10th Battalion, The Parachute Regiment as a medic before leaving the Territorial Army in 1993 due to injury. Always enthusiastic about military history, several years after leaving 10 Para Ian became interested in World War II US Paratroopers. After a visit to Normandy in 2000 he decided to focus on the 101st Airborne Division, and in particular the Battalion of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, which led to the critically acclaimed Tonight We Die As Men, co-written with Roger Day. Currently self-employed, he is married with two grown up children and lives near Aldershot in Hampshire.
- Author(s)Ian Gardner
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication18/04/2017
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note48pp plate section in colour and black and white
- Weight401 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Introduction byEd Shames
- Foreword byEd Shames
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.07
- £13.79Trending at £20.08
- £19.99Trending at £31.83
- £23.44Trending at £40.18
- £9.70Trending at £10.25
- £20.62Trending at £30.13
- £4.45Trending at £5.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.