All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Janet R. Bednarek
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- GenreTransport Industries
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, 2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight524 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJames Fleming,Roger D. Launius
- Table Of Contents.Introduction: Cities, Airports and the Jet Age.- .Part One.- .Chapter One From 30,000 Feet: Airports and Aviation History Since 1945.- .Chapter Two Closer to the Ground: Airport Ownership and Finance.- .Part Two.- .Chapter Three Response to the Jet Age: Federal-Local Interaction and the Shaping of the Aviation Landscape.- .Chapter Four Airports for the Jet Age : Expansion, Iconic Architecture and Airport Malls.- .Part Three.- .Chapter Five The Broad Problem of Airport Noise: Airports, the Courts, the Federal Government, and the Environment.- .Chapter Six Cities and Jet Noise: On the Ground and in the Air, How to Tame the Planes that Roared.- .Part Four.- .Chapter Seven Airport Security: Hijackers, Terrorists, Religious Groups and the Constitution.- .Conclusion.
- Author BiographyJanet R. Bednarek is a professor of history at the University of Dayton, USA where she teaches classes in both urban and aviation history. She is the author of several books including America's Airports: Airfield Development Since 1918 as well as articles on American urban and transportation history.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.96Trending at £18.19
- £21.69Trending at £24.78
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.52Trending at £6.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.