All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £13.89Trending at £15.26
- £9.66Trending at £15.07
- £9.50Trending at £17.03
- £7.68Trending at £10.01
- £10.65Trending at £13.04
- £11.79Trending at £17.03
- £7.40Trending at £14.18
About this product
- DescriptionAl-Ghazali on Vigilance and Self-examination is the 38th chapter of the Revival of the Religious Sciences. Ghazali focuses on the different stations of steadfastness in religion, vigilance and self-examination being its cornerstones. Ghazali bases himself on the Qur'an, the example of the Prophet and the sayings of scholars and Sufis.
- Author BiographyAbu Ḥamid al-Ghazali (1058-1111), theologian, logician, jurist and mystic, was born and died in Ṭus in Central Asia, but spent much of his life lecturing at Baghdad or leading the life of a wondering dervish. His most celebrated work, of which this is an important chapter, has exercised a profound influence on Muslim intellectual history by exploring the mystical significance of the practices and beliefs of Islamic orthodoxy, earning him the title of Ḥujjat al Islam, the 'Proof of Islam'.
- Author(s)Abu Hamid Muhammad Ghazali
- PublisherThe Islamic Texts Society
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleIslamic Texts Society Al-Ghazali Series
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Islamic Texts Society
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byAnthony Shaker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.