CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.03
- £19.38Trending at £30.09
- £11.70Trending at £13.82
- £10.41Trending at £14.52
- £10.87Trending at £12.37
- £11.98Trending at £15.22
- £10.28Trending at £10.62
About this product
- DescriptionProvides an insight into the everyday lives of Sufi devotees of the eighth-eleventh centuries and the moral and ethical dilemmas they were facing. This work invites the reader to explore the world of Islamic ascetic and mystical piety.
- Author BiographyThe translator Alexander Knysh is Professor of Arabic and Islamic Studies at the Department of Near Eastern Studies, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. His research interests include Islamic mysticism and Islamic theological thought in historical perspective as well as Islam and Islamic movements in local contexts (especially Yemen and the Northern Caucasus). He has numerous publications on these subjects, including four books. The reviewer Dr Muhammad Eissa is a graduate of Al-Azhar University of Egypt and University of California in Los Angeles. He has had a long teaching career at the American University in Cairo, UCLA, Northwestern University and University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. He has written, translated and edited numerous works in the areas of Arabic and Islamic studies. Currently he is the President of a private educational and consulting institution in the Chicago area, Illinois.
- Author(s)Abu 'L-Qasim Al-Qushayri
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleThe Great Books of Islamic Civilization
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Height240 mm
- Translated byAlexander Knysh
- Revised byMuhammad Eissa
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.